This breed cracks me up. Their legs are comically short, their muscles are bulging, their head is huge, and if they were aquatic, they would be the bull shark. This leads me to conclude about staffies:
- Their owners love them
- Their friends don't-or else they would offer to take them while their friend was sick or unable to
- They ARE hyperactive
- In their most hyperactive state, they can appear braindead as they leap into the air and come crashing down on their backs because they forgot about gravity and how to land on their feet
- They're feisty
- They do whatever they want, whenever they want
- Pitt Bulls are the bigger version of them
- They make comical turkey-like sounds instead of the standard dog whine, it is hilarious until one has listened to it for HOURS
- When they choose to obey it makes you want to start your own dog training show, step aside Cesar!
- They are comical
- Staffies make owning other dogs that listen and behave as they should seem boring (I still miss/want my angel, Maverick though!)
- They can be sweet as can be if they decide they like you
Smokey has, for some reason, decided he LOVES me and will sleep with me every night. If I'm sitting on the couch, he has to be too. He has to be laying on my stomach or right alongside me. Whatever Smokey can do to sleep next to me all night, he will do. It is really endearing. He somehow manages to make me feel like I will fall out of bed at night because he scoots closer to me all night and he weighs just 40 pounds! Sad news for me if Smokey is adopted by his forever home, but good news for him. I'll have to be strong and grabe extra blankets because I'll miss my spaceheater. For Smokey's sake, I must admit he behaves well for a staffie, or he has me brainwashed. I think it is both. More on that later...

No comments:
Post a Comment